Improved Cook Stove (ICS) Program
MAKS Renewable Energy Company Limited (MRECL) has entered into new area of energy saving program called Improved Cook Stove (ICS) with the technical and financial cooperation of Infrastructure Development Company Ltd (IDCOL). Since 2014 MAKS Renewable Energy Company Limited (MRECL) is a partner organization (PO) of Infrastructure Development Company Limited (IDCOL) to implement the plans to install 1 million ICSs throughout Bangladesh by 2016.
Objectives of the Improved Cook Stove (ICS) Program
- To reduce indoor air pollution in the rural kitchens;
- To improve the kitchen environment for supporting the mother and child health care program;
- To reduce the number of deaths from chronic obstructive pulmonary diseases attributable to solid fuel burning at rural homes;
- To protect de-forestation through improving the fuel efficiency of cooking stove;
- To reduce the Green House Effects.
Features of the Improve Cooking Stove (ICS)
- 50% less firewood consumption compared to traditional stoves;
- Reduce the smoke;
- No blackening;
- No heat from stove;
- Very cost effective for large establishment such as hostels & restaurants etc.